MAX IS LOOKING FOR an LPN or RN to handle the following kinds of Max-specific duties:
- Familiar with caring for patient on pulse ox and vent (Trilogy 100)
- Can detect when Max needs a cough, effectively administer assistance using Cough Assist T70, and suction trach by oneself with proper timing and suction depth (night nurses: in low light setting). (Will train!)
- Administer respiratory treatments, g-tube feeds, medications
- Can do an emergency trach change
- Likes using the latest technology (eyegaze communication, assistive tech, therapeutic approaches, etc)
- Prior pediatric experience a plus!
These videos shows a sampling of Max's daily activities:
If you're a nurse in the MD/DC/VA area and would like to hang out with Max a few days (or nights) a week, please fill out the application at APNTinc.com!
After you've submitted your information, you can call APNT at 301-617-0083 to let them know you're interested in working on Max's case. (Be sure to mention this blog post!)